Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 16, 2011

Beautiful Habu Temple

It's about time I threw up a blog post. Sorry, all you avid fans!

My excuse is that I'm getting ready to move to Ramla, which is only 5 or 10 minutes down the road from here. [Here is Medinet Habu.] Ramla is much more convenient for getting into Luxor. Much less convenient for seeing all the beautiful ancient monuments on the west side of the river.

So this morning I finally visited beautiful Habu temple. How did I stay away for so long?

I visited the temple over a year ago, when I was in Egypt on a tourist visit. I was blown away by the relative peace, since most tourists don't make it over to this temple. And amazed by the remaining original paint and so much else.

I wrote a new chapter this morning. It comes in the opening section of the book. Revision is going slowly. Lots of re-evaluation.

Just letting my blog readers know that I'm still here!

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to post and wasn't able to in the past. The problem appears to a setting to allow cookies. I have done so and it appears the problem has been eliminated...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hawkeye64.
    I'll probably do a little post on comment problems.
    And I'm curious what the original comment might have been, before you ran into IT problems.

    ReplyDelete